Some links showing could take you to affiliate sites for equipment and ingredients.
I made this sauce mostly from home grown tomatoes. My sauce wasn’t as thick as I like so I added some tomato paste that I purchased from the store. I basically use this sauce for all my tomato based recipes and just change up the seasonings I add to it. Next gardening season I hope to explore making tomato paste and growing a more sauce related tomato. I also plan on harvesting and making my own Italian seasoning.
Old Folks Adventures : www.oldfolksadventures.com
- 3 cups tomato sauce I used tomato sauce that I put in the freezer.
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 1 to 2 cups water add 1 cup if you like a thinner sauce, add more water
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt I usually use no to very little salt. you can season to taste
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp granulated garlic you can add 1 Tablespoon of fresh minced garlic if you prefer.
- add tomato sauce, tomato paste and water together in a saucepan and whisk together over medium heat.
- When they are combined, whisk in the remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- your pasta sauce is now ready to add pasta and meat.