Some links showing could take you to affiliate sites for equipment and ingredients.
This is an adventure for me! When I cook a meal for my family, I look to see what I have to use and make a decision from there. I have gotten into the habit of just putting things together and not using recipes. I do look up recipes and get ideas. I feel that cooking and creating meals is an art. So, in doing this, I am taking notes and measuring out ingredients to be able to share my recipes. I look forward to sharing and hope you enjoy my recipes!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Old Folks Adventures : www.oldfolksadventures.com
- 2 cups chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces.
- 2 cups ham cut into bite sized pieces.
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup oil use in skillet
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 egg
- 1 stick butter
- 1 16oz box pasta I used Angel Hair. Any type will work
- 10 slices Provolone Cheese shredded can be used
- 1 tsp salt salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper pepper to taste
- 1 cup bread crumbs I save bread heels and chop them up in a food processor. I store them in the freezer to use when needed. You can use any type of bread crumbs.
- place chicken in bowl add salt & pepper and stir.
- add flour to chicken and stir until chicken is coated.
- cook pasta per package instructions and drain while you are cooking the chicken.
- add oil to skillet and fry chicken until browned.
- set oven to 350° put butter in a 9 x 13 baking dish set in oven to melt.
- put pasta in baking dish and stir until coated with butter.
- layer chicken and ham on top of pasta
- place cheese slices on top
- mix milk, egg and soup in a bowl until well blended and pour mixture on top of cheese. make sure you cover all.
- cover top with breadcrumbs. Add enough to make a light layer over the top.
- bake covered for 35 minutes. remove from oven and remove foil then bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until the top browns.